Who We Are
Consistently ranked as a national top advisor by Barron’s, Forbes and Financial Times, PagnatoKarp is one of America’s premier independent family wealth advisors. As a family office for ultra-high-net-worth individuals, entrepreneurs going through a liquidity event and their families, our customer focused philosophy is rooted in the TrueFiduciary™ principles we created. PagnatoKarp represents $3 billion in assets under advisement and we are frequent expert contributors to national media seeking input on global market activity and financial industry governance.
client retention since inception
Forbes #30 Advisor 2016
Barron's #67 Advisor 2016
Assets Under Advisory
# of business liquidity events
Family Office staff
#2 Advisor in Virginia
National TV spots
Family Office for the Ultra High-Net-Worth
Fee-based, unbiased advisory services to give you peace of mind what you’ve earned will be protected.
Wealth Planning and CoordinationHighly personal strategy and tactics to address things like tax minimization and cash-flow to fuel your lifestyle.
Family LeadershipDirect assistance with everything from family security, travel and charity, to estate planning, legal concerns and more.
We provide comprehensive support to our clients for:
Who We Serve
PagnatoKarp is uniquely focused on providing 360º financial advisory and family support to the American entrepreneur both before and after a liquidity event.
We also support sudden-wealth situations such as:
Over 70 entrepreneurs helped through a liquidity event
What is a True Fiduciary?
True Fi·du·ci·ar·y™ tro͞o/ fəˈdo͞oSHēˌerē
Noun. Financial advisor who acts in the interests of their clients
Worried about the financial advisor charged with protecting your hard-earned wealth? You’re not alone.
According to the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, over 60% of consumers feel their financial advisor puts their company’s interests first. Only a staggering 12% believe their advisor is acting in their interests.
From misconduct to hidden fees and commission deals, the problem has become so severe the federal government has recently acted to curb the impact on consumers and their financial security, but it doesn’t go nearly far enough.
PagnatoKarp is focused on acting in your best interests. It’s what we call TrueFiduciary™ and it’s not only our trademark, it’s our very nature.
True Fiduciary: No Selling, Just Service
Our TrueFiduciary™ Principles
- We embrace our legal obligation to place our clients’ interests first and are working to make it an industry standard.
- We use an independent third party to measure your performance returns.
- We provide complete transparency on the advisory fees you pay to us, which are our only source of revenue for the services we provide.
- We do not receive commission from the purchase or sale of securities, nor do we receive financial benefits from any financial institution that serves our clients.
- We do not create products to sell to clients.
- We do not accept or receive commissions on any securities or other investments we recommend.
- We do not price any public securities. We will only utilize prices furnished by third-party independent providers.
- We do not hold any money, securities or assets on behalf of our clients.
- We provide portfolio transparency so clients can view the assets we manage for them at any time online.
- We are independent from any bank, broker dealer or custodian.
"Your family and your future deserves a financial advisor as free of conflict as possible. We live by these principles and our clients deserve nothing less."-Paul Pagnato
There Is A Choice When It Comes to Who Protects Your Wealth.
Deciding who to trust when it comes to protecting your family's wealth is big decision. As with many services you need in life, for financial advisors there are generalists and there are specialists. Find out which one is best for you.